The National Plant Genetic Resources Laboratory was established on November 12, 1976 by Presidential Decree 1046-A as a component unit of the Institute of Plant Breeding [IPB]. It is now under the Crop Science Cluster-Institute of Plant Breeding, College of Agriculture, University of the Philippines at Los Banos, Laguna, Philippines.
It Serves as:
· National center in plant genetic resources activities
· National repository of important and potentially useful agricultural crops (except rice)